Warehouse Wave Planning Specialist
WAVE PLANNING SPECIALIST
- Saturday - Monday: 4:00am - 4:30pm
Text DELIVER to 88300 to apply or check out more jobs at www.workatGEODIS.com!
Find your future at GEODIS. This is not your old-time warehouse job. Work in modern facilities with cutting-edge technology, helping us move products for some of the world’s most influential brands.
Look what you’ll get by joining the GEODIS team!
- Get good money - Fair pay and some jobs come with bonus opportunities.
- Get the right job/right schedule - Part-time, full-time, seasonal - days, nights, weekends, and even gig work. We have the job and shift you want.*
- Get paid early - Payday as early as you want. Access your earnings on demand.
- Get free healthcare - Access to telemedicine from day 1 at no cost. Other benefit options include healthcare, dental, and vision at affordable costs after a short waiting period.*
- Get a break - Paid holidays, time off, short-term disability, and new parent leave are a few of the ways we support time away from work to take care of your life.*
- Stay safe - We pride ourselves on a safe, clean, and healthy work environment for everyone.
- Get a voice - We are always asking our teammates to tell us how to make their experience working at GEODIS even better.
- Get promoted - When you are ready to take the next step in your career, we will be there to support you. We promote about 10% of our warehouse workers each year.
- Get a boost - Our "GEODIS Compassion Fund" makes one-time grants to teammates who have experienced unexpected catastrophes.
- Get involved - Volunteer in your community or donate to the "GEODIS Foundation" or "GEODIS Compassion Fund".
- Have fun - Work with fun, supportive people just like you!
- Find your place - We value diversity and seek to provide an inclusive culture. Join an Employee Resource Group, participate in an international lunch, or celebrate your heritage to find your place of belonging.
- Find your future - Whether you are interested in the opportunity to work seasonally or looking to launch your career, GEODIS is the place!
*Eligibility varies based on location, job, employee type, or length of service.
What you will be doing:
- Monitors and assesses Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and Warehouse Control Systems (WCS) to determine efficiency of workflow
- Identifies inefficiencies in workflow between replenishment, picking, putwall, packing, and shipping; makes wave and labor adjustments as needed
- Monitors order queue and ensures balance between replenishment, picking, putwall, packing, and shipping
- Assists wave planners on assigning and monitoring each wave
- Complete the waves in warehouse management system
- Uses forecasts to build labor plans for replenishment, picking, putwall, packing, and shipping
- Assigns maintenance requests based on operational metrics and KPIs
- Participates in frequent configuration testing of WMS and WCS for efficiencies, post system changes
- Other duties as required and assigned
- High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency
- Minimum 2 years related experience in operations planning
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS); Manhattan preferred
- Experience with Warehouse Control Systems (WCS); Pyramid preferred
- PC literate with experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to apply basic calculations as related to qualities of product picked
- Ability to apply advanced calculations as related to productivity and throughput of replenishment, picking, putwall, packing, and shipping functions
- Ability to apply and utilize analytical tools to determine decisions based on customer expectations
- Ability to use effective interpersonal skills to interact and communicate with all levels of the distribution center
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job Duties as documented in this job description are considered "Essential Functions" and have been created by the standards of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990) require that employees be able to perform "Essential Functions" of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the "Essential Functions".
More about GEODIS
GEODIS is a global third-party logistics provider (3PL for short) powering the supply chains of some of the top brands and manufacturers. Our legacy of excellence in supply chain solutions spans decades. Come find your future with us as we shape the future of logistics. Visit www.workatGEODIS.com to learn more.