Wave Planning Specialist (Mon-Fri) - 6:00am-2:30pm
- ;Monitors and assesses Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and Warehouse Control Systems (WCS) to determine efficiency of workflow
- Identifies inefficiencies in workflow between replenishment, picking, putwall, packing, and shipping; makes wave and labor adjustments as needed
- Monitors order queue and ensures balance between replenishment, picking, putwall, packing, and shipping
- Assists wave planners on assigning and monitoring each wave
- Complete the waves in warehouse management system
- Uses forecasts to build labor plans for replenishment, picking, putwall, packing, and shipping
- Assigns maintenance requests based on operational metrics and KPIs
- Participates in frequent configuration testing of WMS and WCS for efficiencies, post system changes
- Other duties as required and assigned
- ;High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency
- Minimum 2 years related experience ;in operations planning
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS); Manhattan preferred
- Experience with Warehouse Control Systems (WCS); Pyramid preferred
- PC literate with experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to apply basic calculations as related to quanities of product picked
- Ability to apply advanced calculations as related to productivity and throughput of replenishment, picking, putwall, packing, and shipping functions
- Ability to apply and utilize analytical tools to determine decisions based on customer expectations
- Ability to use effective interpersonal skills to interact and communicate with all levels of the distribution center
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- ;While performing the duties of this job, the employee ;is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. He/she is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. He/she must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.; This position will be regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and can be exposed to extreme heat and extreme cold including climates consistent with outside weather conditions.
- ;The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Job Duties as documented in this job description are considered “Essential Functions” and have been created by the standards of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990) require that employees be able to perform “Essential Functions” of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the “Essential Functions”.