Warehouse Stand Up Narrow Aisle Deep Reach Operator
Text GEO to 88300 or visit workatgeodis.com to speak with a recruiter instantly!
Competitive rates! Excellent opportunity for growth and development within a global company.
Join our exciting, dynamic team and become a part of the GEODIS family!
We offer health benefits, 401k matching, paid time off, and opportunities for overtime, all in a stable and ever-growing industry!
Earn a $750 referral bonus for every new teammate you refer!
Hiring for 12 hour, rotating day shifts (6am to 6pm) and night shifts (6pm to 6am)
As part of the GEODIS Family, you will have access to:
- Bonus Programs and Regular Increases
- Referral Bonus
- Paid Time Off
- On Demand Pay- Early access to wages earned!
- 401k Matching
- Health, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Our Telehealth Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Open Door Policy with Our Management Team, Including Regular Open Forums
The Warehouse Stand Up Narrow Aisle Deep Reach Operator is responsible for stand up forklift, pallet jack, and/or other material handling equipment as part of the distribution process within a fast paced warehouse setting. The Warehouse Stand Up Narrow Aisle Deep Reach Operator will utilize equipment while performing tasks to include shipping, receiving, unloading, scanning, moving, staging, loading, locating, relocating, and stacking product
· Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, and/or distributed
· Pulls and prepares product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded
· Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code
· Assembles customer orders from stock, stage orders and/or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department according to OH or customer pick sheet
· Loads, unloads, moves, stacks and stages products and materials using a fork lift, clamp truck or other power equipment
· Maintains equipment by keeping it clean and safe, reporting service requests as needed
· Assists in maintaining the security of the warehouse by conducting operations in a manner which promotes safety
· Checks orders for exactness and neatness according to ISO 9001 procedures
· Marks materials with identifying information
· Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed
· Weighs or counts items for distribution within warehouse to ensure conformance to company standards
· Efficiently moves and loads product from staging and/or storage areas into trailers
· Unloads inbound freight safely and moves products to storage locations
· Performs picking duties in an efficient manner that meets both company and customer standards
· Assists with physical inventories and cycle counts, ensuring proper stock rotation
· Assists in distribution center/warehouse cleanup as required
· Other duties as required and assigned by supervisor
· For food accounts, incumbent is responsible to report food safety problems to senior management to initiate action.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience and/or training in forklift operating required. Must have standup forklift experience or be willing to learn
- Experience working on feet for at least 12 hour shifts, 4 to 5 days per week
- Willingness to work on feet for at least 12 hour shifts, 4 to 5 days per week
- Previous experience working in a warehouse environment
- Ability to perform basic math
- Ability to fill out and complete written forms
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to follow safety regulations while operating equipment
- Ability to regularly lift up at least 50 pounds
- Ability to learn proper operations of warehouse equipment
- Ability to pass a background check
While performing the duties of this job the employee will be required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms. This position may be required to stoop, kneel, or crouch as it relates to product handling and distribution, and must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. This position may occasionally lift more than 50 pounds. This position will be regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and can be exposed to extreme heat and extreme cold including climates consistent with outside weather conditions.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job Duties as documented in this job description are considered “Essential Functions” and have been created by the standards of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990) require that employees be able to perform “Essential Functions” of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the “Essential Functions”.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $20.50 per hour