The Transportation Supervisor is responsible for supervising the activities of all team members engaged in carrying out customer service activities, as well as performing duties associated with planning and transportation needs.
Check out our jobs at workatgeodis.com or text GEO to 25000 to apply!
ABOUT THE TEAM:
At GEODIS, we don’t just move goods through the supply chain, we are passionate about helping you move your career to the next level. As a company, our emphasis on excellence has made us a global supply chain leader, committed to helping clients overcome their logistical constraints. We could not do this without our people, our GEODIANS, and a culture of transparency, inclusion, trust, and respect.
No matter what position you’re in or where you’re located across our 160+ locations in the United States, you’ll find yourself contributing to the success of some of the biggest brands in the world, all while you Keep Rising in your career.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The points below highlight the Transportation Supervisor duties:
· Monitors service calls to observe employee demeanor, technical accuracy, and conformity to company policies and standardized work
· Recommends corrective action to adjust customer complaints
· Serves as the direct point of contact for customer issues that require immediate attention
· Escalates operational issues to the manager when required
· Coordinates with FAP on invoice resolution and carrier escalation
· Prepares month-end close revenue accruals reports for the manager
· Prepares and works with the manager on customer QBRs
· Determines work procedures and ensures SOPs are completed and accurate
· Prepares work schedules and training for non-exempt employees
· Approves and tracks work schedules for non-exempt team members
· Supports planners during contingencies by securing trucks for multiple customers while being cost-conscious and following business rules
· Collaborates with the accounts payable team to ensure timely and accurate processing of freight bills
· Audits all invoices and assists the central billing team with all discrepancy investigations
· Follows up with carriers to ensure timely receipt of invoices
· Manages customer’s requirements for load planning and routing compliance
· Establishes cross-training initiatives within the team
· Assists manager with team member performance appraisals, discipline, and goal setting
· Other duties as required and assigned
What projects will you work on in this role?
· You will coordinate with FAP on invoice resolution and carrier escalation. You will prepare month-end close revenue accruals reports for managers. You will also Prepare and work with the manager on customer QBRs.
· Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university
· Minimum 3 years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· Minimum 1 year managing direct reports
· Experience with transportation management systems
· Experience with optimization tools preferred
· PC literate to include Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and co-workers
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
We are committed to developing and retaining the best talent in the business and providing benefits that support the success of our GEODIANS.
× Health, dental, and vision insurance after 30 days of employment
× 401k match
× Employee discounts
× Access to employee perks like fitness class discounts and free access to a relaxation and meditation app
× Paid maternity and paternity leave
× Free financial wellness programs
× Daycare discount program
× Free telemedical access to doctors and therapists through FirstStop Health
× Hybrid and flexible workplace - our teammates work from home at least a couple of days a week.
× Opportunities to volunteer and give back to your community
× Access to career development, employee resource groups, and mentorship programs
× + more!
Sound like the right job for you?
Visit our website at and chat with our virtual recruiter, Sophie, to fast-track your way to an interview.
Text GEO to 25000 to Apply
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
 Job Duties as documented in this job description are considered "Essential Functions" and have been created by the standards of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990) require that employees be able to perform "Essential Functions" of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the "Essential Functions"