Third (3rd) Shift Operations Supervisor
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for overseeing and coordinating warehouse activities such as shipping and receiving, maintaining an open dialogue with customers, storing, maintaining inventory levels, ordering, supervising employees and reporting any issues to management.
Apply today and speak with our virtual assistant at workatGEODIS.com or text GEO to 88300 to engage!
ABOUT THE TEAM:
At GEODIS, we don’t just move goods through the supply chain, we are passionate about helping you move your career to the next level. As a company, our emphasis on excellence has made us a global supply chain leader, committed to helping clients overcome their logistical constraints. We could not do this without our people, our GEODIANS, and a culture of transparency, inclusion, trust, and respect.
No matter what position you’re in or where you’re located across our 160+ locations in the United States, you’ll find yourself contributing to the success of some of the biggest brands in the world, all while you Keep Rising in your career.
Look what you’ll get by joining the GEODIS team!
- Get good money - Fair pay and some jobs come with bonus opportunities.
- Get the right job/right schedule - Part-time, full-time, seasonal - days, nights, weekends, and even gig work. We have the job and shift you want.*
- Get paid early - Payday as early as you want. Access your earnings on demand.
- Get free healthcare - Access to telemedicine from day 1 at no cost. Other benefit options include healthcare, dental, and vision at affordable costs after a short waiting period.*
- Get a break - Paid holidays, time off, short-term disability, and new parent leave are a few of the ways we support time away from work to take care of your life.*
- Stay safe - We pride ourselves on a safe, clean, and healthy work environment for everyone.
- Get a voice - We are always asking our teammates to tell us how to make their experience working at GEODIS even better.
- Get promoted - When you are ready to take the next step in your career, we will be there to support you. We promote about 10% of our warehouse workers each year.
- Get a boost - Our "GEODIS Compassion Fund" makes one-time grants to teammates who have experienced unexpected catastrophes.
- Get involved - Volunteer in your community or donate to the "GEODIS Foundation" or "GEODIS Compassion Fund".
- Have fun - Work with fun, supportive people just like you!
- Find your place - We value diversity and seek to provide an inclusive culture. Join an Employee Resource Group, participate in an international lunch, or celebrate your heritage to find your place of belonging.
- Find your future - Whether you are interested in the opportunity to work seasonally or looking to launch your career, GEODIS is the place!
*Eligibility varies based on location, job, employee type, or length of service.
What you will be doing:
- Coordinates daily activities within the distribution center
- Supervises staff and directs work as they execute activities related to order fulfillment, order management, inventory management, stocking, material handling, equipment usage, and related needs
- Manages labor hours and payroll in electronic timekeeping system
- Supervises business support staff development including appraising performance, rewarding employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Traces history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial actions to resolve discrepancies
- Other duties as required and assigned
- For food accounts, incumbent is responsible to report food safety problems to senior management to initiate action
- High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalent
- Minimum 3 to 5 years related warehouse and/or distribution center experience
- 1 year of supervisory experience preferred
- Experience with warehouse equipment
- Experience with warehouse management systems
- Experience with labor management systems
- PC literate with experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job Duties as documented in this job description are considered "Essential Functions" and have been created by the standards of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990) require that employees be able to perform "Essential Functions" of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the "Essential Functions".
More about GEODIS
GEODIS is a global third-party logistics provider (3PL for short) powering the supply chains of some of the top brands and manufacturers. Our legacy of excellence in supply chain solutions spans decades. Come find your future with us as we shape the future of logistics.
Sound like the right job for you?
- Visit our website at workatGEODIS.com and chat with our virtual recruiter, Sophie, to fast-track your way to an interview.
- Text GEO to 88300 to Apply