Sr. Transportation Planner
Sr. Transportation Planner
The Sr. Transportation Planner is responsible for leading the arrangement of transportation needs for multiple customers.
Check out our jobs at workatgeodis.com or text GEO to 25000 to apply!
ABOUT THE TEAM:
At GEODIS, we don’t just move goods through the supply chain, we are passionate about helping you move your career to the next level. As a company, our emphasis on excellence has made us a global supply chain leader, committed to helping clients overcome their logistical constraints. We could not do this without our people, our GEODIANS, and a culture of transparency, inclusion, trust, and respect.
No matter what position you’re in or where you’re located across our 160+ locations in the United States, you’ll find yourself contributing to the success of some of the biggest brands in the world, all while you Keep Rising in your career.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The points below highlight the Sr. Transportation Planner duties:
· Provides leadership to the Transportation Planner and/or Coordinator by solving problems, offering guidance, and providing support
· Assigns carriers to loads and monitors pick-up performance
· Assumes responsibility for load planning, optimization, routing, and scheduling of all modes
· Response to customer and Coordinator needs by answering e-mails, and phone calls, tracking shipments, and moving shipments
· Participates in weekly / monthly customer meetings with supervisor
· Prepares QBRs for supervisor and manager
· Provides ADHOC analysis and reporting for customers, supervisors, and manager
· Prepares month-end close revenue accruals reports for the supervisor
· Traces loads using the TMS and/or internet
· Provides load exception management and reporting
· Utilizes customer or consignee website for routing instructions when required
· Coordinates with carriers to ensure on-time delivery by tracking trucks for pick-up, estimating times of arrival and delivery, and recovering loads when necessary
· Assists supervisor with month-end financial reporting prep and approval
· Research and re-submits invoices that are unpaid
· Provides data gathering and presentation preparation for customer QBRs
· Coordinates with the FAP Group to resolve invoicing discrepancies
· Ensures compliance with SOPs (planners and coordinators)
· Assists in KPI development and reporting
· Tracks and reports all financial details on actual vs. planned various costs per shipment
· Records and signs off on all financial decisions which directly impact the company’s profit margin
· Recognizes and alerts management on the potential adverse consequences of decisions that will impact the customer's financial performance
· Manages the "Financial Daily Health Checks" and reports variances to management
· Works overtime and/or weekends as needed based on customer requirements or departmental priorities to support customer peaks and/or end of the month, quarter, or year activities
· Travels up to 10%
· Other duties as required and assigned
What projects will you work on in this role?
· You will assist in KPI development and reporting. You will track and reports all financial details on actual vs. planned various cost per shipment. You will record and sign off on all financial decisions which directly impact the company’s profit margin.
· Bachelor’s High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency required
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Minimum 3 to 5 years of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· Minimum 1-year experience in customer service or coordinator role
· Experience with Transportation Management Systems
· Experience with optimization tools preferred
· Intermediate computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
We are committed to developing and retaining the best talent in the business and providing benefits that support the success of our GEODIANS.
× Health, dental, and vision insurance after 30 days of employment
× 401k match
× Employee discounts
× Access to employee perks like fitness class discounts and free access to a relaxation and meditation app
× Paid maternity and paternity leave
× Free financial wellness programs
× Daycare discount program
× Free telemedical access to doctors and therapists through FirstStop Health
× Hybrid and flexible workplace - our teammates work from home at least a couple of days a week.
× Opportunities to volunteer and give back to your community
× Access to career development, employee resource groups, and mentorship programs
× + more!
Sound like the right job for you?
Visit our website at and chat with our virtual recruiter, Sophie, to fast-track your way to an interview.
Text GEO to 25000 to Apply
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
 Job Duties as documented in this job description are considered "Essential Functions" and have been created by the standards of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990) require that employees be able to perform "Essential Functions" of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the "Essential Functions".