Sr. Customs Brokerage Entry Writer
Senior Account Representative - FFW
The Senior Account Representative - Customs Brokerage is responsible for coordinating and executing shipments to ensure adequate service levels of clients are met.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
At GEODIS, we don’t just move goods through the supply chain, we are passionate about helping you move your career to the next level. As a company, our emphasis on excellence has made us a global supply chain leader, committed to helping clients overcome their logistical constraints. We could not do this without our people, our GEODIANS, and a culture of transparency, inclusion, trust, and respect.
No matter what position you’re in or where you’re located across our 160+ locations in the United States, you’ll find yourself contributing to the success of some of the biggest brands in the world, all while you Keep Rising in your career.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The points below highlight the Senior Account Representative duties:
· Serves as the customer service liaison between GEODIS and the customer
· Select appropriate carrier and routing based on shipment characteristics or customer requirements
· Processes all documents and information requests received from GEODIS
· Opens files, enters notes, information and document requests in Cargo wise system
· Sends information/document requests to company's employees, suppliers, service providers or overseas production offices as needed.
· Communicates with specified offices, departments, and teams on all issues in addition to customers, carriers, and vendors
· Files document requests, correspondence and documents in a file folder identified by the applicable shipping number
· Coordinates shipping details with overseas agent
· Convert and verify shipment weight and volume
· Calculate rates and price conversions, profit and loss analysis
· Assist customers with question complaints, requests, tracking and tracing
· Completes invoicing requirements accurately and within Company DETI time requirements
· Ensure all shipment data elements are entered accurately and timely within company IRIS requirements maintaining a minimum 95% accuracy level
· Arrange bookings with airlines, ocean carriers, and/or trucking companies, review documentation, issue documents to meet government regulations and carrier regulations.
· Instruct warehouse staff to properly build and deliver against pick lists manifest to gain profitability
· Ensure email and telephone calls are promptly and politely answered
- HS diploma/GED, College Degree is a plus
- Intermediate proficiency in AS400 and Cargo wise
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in custom brokerage, importation or exportation of goods or an equivalent combination of both education and experience
- Must have a familiarity with potential client systems including ERP systems, TMS and WMS applications and other software solutions common in the logistics industry
- Intermediate efficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Excel
We are committed to developing and retaining the best talent in the business and provide benefits that support the success of our GEODIANS.
× Health, dental, and vision insurance after 30 days of employment
× 401k match
× Employee discounts
× Access to employee perks like fitness class discounts and free access to a relaxation and meditation app
× Paid maternity and paternity leave
× Free financial wellness programs
× Daycare discount program
× Free telemedical access to doctors and therapists through FirstStop Health
× Hybrid and flexible workplace - our teammates work from home at least a couple days a week.
× Opportunities to volunteer and give back to your community
× Access to career development, employee resource groups, and mentorship programs
× + more!
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
 Job Duties as documented in this job description are considered "Essential Functions" and have been created by the standards of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990) require that employees be able to perform "Essential Functions" of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the "Essential Functions".