Senior Warehouse Associate
SENIOR WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE - MATERIAL HANDLER
Monday - Friday 6:00am - 2:30pm
Monday - Friday 6:00pm - 2:30am
Wednesday - Saturday 6:00am-4:30pm
Text DELIVER to 88300 to apply or check out more jobs at www.workatGEODIS.com!
Find your future at GEODIS. This is not your old-time warehouse job. Work in modern facilities with cutting-edge technology, helping us move products for some of the world’s most influential brands.
Look what you’ll get by joining the GEODIS team!
- Get good money - Fair pay and some jobs come with bonus opportunities.
- Get the right job/right schedule - Part-time, full-time, seasonal - days, nights, weekends, and even gig work. We have the job and shift you want.*
- Get paid early - Payday as early as you want. Access your earnings on demand.
- Get free healthcare - Access to telemedicine from day 1 at no cost. Other benefit options include healthcare, dental, and vision at affordable costs after a short waiting period.*
- Get a break - Paid holidays, time off, short-term disability, and new parent leave are a few of the ways we support time away from work to take care of your life.*
- Stay safe - We pride ourselves on a safe, clean, and healthy work environment for everyone.
- Get a voice - We are always asking our teammates to tell us how to make their experience working at GEODIS even better.
- Get promoted - When you are ready to take the next step in your career, we will be there to support you. We promote about 10% of our warehouse workers each year.
- Get a boost - Our "GEODIS Compassion Fund" makes one-time grants to teammates who have experienced unexpected catastrophes.
- Get involved - Volunteer in your community or donate to the "GEODIS Foundation" or "GEODIS Compassion Fund".
- Have fun - Work with fun, supportive people just like you!
- Find your place - We value diversity and seek to provide an inclusive culture. Join an Employee Resource Group, participate in an international lunch, or celebrate your heritage to find your place of belonging.
- Find your future - Whether you are interested in the opportunity to work seasonally or looking to launch your career, GEODIS is the place!
*Eligibility varies based on location, job, employee type, or length of service.
What you will be doing:
- Loads and unloads product to and from delivery vehicles and designated storage areas
- Reads production schedule, customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or other designated areas
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence, such as: size, type, style, color, or product code
- Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items to production workers or assembly line
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department
- Marks materials with identifying information
- Opens bales, crates, and other containers
- Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed
- Weighs or counts items for distribution to ensure conformance to company standards
- Arranges stock parts in specified sequence for assembly by other workers
- Enters and maintains inventory records in the computer
- Prepares parcels for mailing
- Cleans warehouse area
- Other duties as required and assigned
- High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency
- Minimum 1 to 3 months of related experience
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American currency and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instruction
- Ability to complete duties with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job Duties as documented in this job description are considered "Essential Functions" and have been created by the standards of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990) require that employees be able to perform "Essential Functions" of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the "Essential Functions".
More about GEODIS
GEODIS is a global third-party logistics provider (3PL for short) powering the supply chains of some of the top brands and manufacturers. Our legacy of excellence in supply chain solutions spans decades. Come find your future with us as we shape the future of logistics. Visit www.workatGEODIS.com to learn more.