Senior Operations Director
Senior Operations Director
The Senior Operations Director is responsible for directing the warehouse, distribution, inventory management, and related operations for assigned facilities and is responsible for a safe, profitable operation.
Check out our jobs at workatGEODIS.com or text DELIVER to 88300 to apply!
ABOUT THE TEAM:
At GEODIS, we don’t just move goods through the supply chain, we are passionate about helping you move your career to the next level. As a company, our emphasis on excellence has made us a global supply chain leader, committed to helping clients overcome their logistical constraints. We could not do this without our people, our GEODIANS, and a culture of transparency, inclusion, trust, and respect.
No matter what position you’re in or where you’re located across our 160+ locations in the United States, you’ll find yourself contributing to the success of some of the biggest brands in the world, all while you #KeepRising in your career.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The points below highlight the Senior Operations Director duties:
- Manages customer relationships proactively to deliver overall customer satisfaction
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine progress toward stated goals and objectives
- Communicates best practices nationwide
- Initiates process improvement teams
- Confers with customers and representatives of associated industries to evaluate and promote improved and expanded services in the area
- Develops plans for efficient use of materials, equipment, and employee resources
- Minimum 8 years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience and/or knowledge of storage and shipment of food-grade items preferred
- Experience with Fast Fashion preferred
- Experience with both inbound and outbound international shipments preferred
- Knowledge of labor management systems
- PC literate with experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
We are committed to developing and retaining the best talent in the business and providing benefits that support the success of our GEODIANS.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance after 30 days of employment
- 401k match
- Employee discounts
- Access to employee perks like fitness class discounts and free access to a relaxation and meditation app
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Free financial wellness programs
- Daycare discount program
- Free telemedical access to doctors and therapists through FirstStop Health
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to your community
- Access to career development, employee resource groups, and mentorship programs
- + more!
Sound like the right job for you?
- Visit our website at www.workatGEODIS.com and chat with our virtual recruiter, Sophie, to fast-track your way to an interview.
- Text DELIVER to 88300 to Apply
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
 Job Duties as documented in this job description are considered "Essential Functions" and have been created by the standards of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990) require that employees be able to perform "Essential Functions" of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the "Essential Functions".