Senior Customs Brokerage Manager
Senior Customs Brokerage Manager
The Senior Customs Brokerage Manager is responsible for directing the operations of the department and related functions of the station while maintaining a compliant, productive, and profitable operation.
Check out our jobs at workatGEODIS.com or text GEO to 88300 to apply!
ABOUT THE TEAM:
At GEODIS, we don’t just move goods through the supply chain, we are passionate about helping you move your career to the next level. As a company, our emphasis on excellence has made us a global supply chain leader, committed to helping clients overcome their logistical constraints. We could not do this without our people, our GEODIANS, and a culture of transparency, inclusion, trust, and respect.
No matter what position you’re in or where you’re located across our 160+ locations in the United States, you’ll find yourself contributing to the success of some of the biggest brands in the world, all while you Keep Rising in your career.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The points below highlight the Senior Customs Brokerage Manager duties:
- Monitors team productivity and assigns new accounts
- Establishes new accounts, based upon review of POA and completed client information sheets, etc.
- Manages P&Ls against budget and all accounting associated with the station
- Maintains high compliance for customs brokerage by keeping abreast of new regulations affecting customers, ensuring requests from Customs are handled in a timely fashion, and through research classifications for clients, as well as reviewing the accuracy of POAs
- Initiates and handles new client start-up processes and maintains customer relationship
- Trains individuals within teams to take responsibility for new client accounts
- Review daily reports to eliminate potential errors
- Resolves problems, troubleshoots
- Reviews and addresses accounting discrepancies
- Manages employees including interviewing, hiring, training, evaluation, and coaching
- Ensures assigned work group members have recorded time and attendance
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year college or university preferred
- Minimum 6 to 8 years relevant experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Brokerage License required for Customs Brokerage managers
- Must be PC literate and proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
We are committed to developing and retaining the best talent in the business and providing benefits that support the success of our GEODIANS.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance after 30 days of employment
- 401k Match
- Employee Discounts
- Access to employee perks like Fitness Class discounts
- Free access to a Relaxation and Meditation app
- Paid Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Free Financial Wellness Programs
- Daycare Discount Program
- Free Telemedical access to Doctors and Therapists through First Stop Health
- Opportunities to Volunteer and give back to your community
- Access to Career Development, Employee Resource Groups, and Mentorship Programs
- + more!
Sound like the right job for you?
- Visit our website at workatGEODIS.com and chat with our virtual recruiter, Sophie, to fast-track your way to an interview.
- Text GEO to 88300 to Apply