Text DELIVER to 88300 to apply or check out more jobs at www.workatGEODIS.com!
Find your future at GEODIS. This is not your old-time warehouse job. Work in modern facilities with cutting edge technology, helping us move products for some of the world’s most influential brands.
Look what you’ll get by joining the GEODIS team!
* Get good money - Fair pay and some jobs come with bonus opportunities.
* Get the right job/right schedule - Part-time, full-time, seasonal - days, nights, weekends, and even gig work. We have the job and shift you want.*
* Get paid early - Pay day as early as you want. Access your earnings on demand.
* Get free healthcare - Access to telemedicine from day 1 at no cost. Other benefit options include healthcare, dental, vision at affordable costs after a short waiting period.*
* Get a break - Paid holidays, time off, short-term disability and new parent leave are a few of the ways we support time away from work to take care of your life.*
* Stay safe - We pride ourselves on a safe, clean and healthy work environment for everyone.
* Get a voice - We are always asking our teammates to tell us how to make their experience working at GEODIS even better.
* Get promoted - When you are ready to take the next step in your career, we will be there to support you. We promote about 10% of our warehouse workers each year.
* Get a boost - Our GEODIS Compassion Fund makes one-time grants to teammates who have experienced unexpected catastrophes.
* Get involved - Volunteer in your community or donate to the GEODIS Foundation or GEODIS Compassion Fund.
* Have fun - Work with fun, supportive people just like you!
* Find your place - We value diversity and seek to provide an inclusive culture. Join an Employee Resource Group, participate in an international lunch, or celebrate your heritage to find your place of belonging.
* Find your future - Whether you are interested in the opportunity to work seasonally or looking to launch your career, GEODIS is the place!
*Eligibility varies based on location, job, employee type, or length of service.
* Reads customer order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved,
gathered, or distributed
* Pulls and prepares product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of
product is loaded
* Properly loads the equipment onto a trailer and follow the best practices in place to
* Loads, unloads, new forklifts, pallet jack, and other power equipment
* Maintains equipment by keeping it clean and safe, reporting service requests as
* Assists in maintaining the security of the warehouse by conducting operations in a
manner which promotes safety
* Marks materials with identifying information
* Unloads inbound freight safely and moves products to storage locations
* Performs picking duties in an efficient manner that meets both company and
* Assists with physical inventories and cycle counts
* Assists in distribution center/warehouse cleanup as required
* Assists new employees in understanding policies and procedures of the warehouse
* Other duties as required and assigned by supervisor
Education and Experience:
* High school education or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency
* 1-2 years of sit-down forklift experience and/or training in a warehouse environment
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and
* Ability to regularly lift up to 50 pounds
* Ability to learn proper operations of warehouse equipment
While performing the duties of this job the employee will be required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms. This position may be required to stoop, kneel, or crouch as it relates to product handling and distribution, and must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. This position will be regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and can be exposed to extreme heat and extreme cold including climates consistent with outside weather conditions.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job Duties as documented in this job description are considered "Essential Functions" and have been created by the standards of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990) require that employees be able to perform "Essential Functions" of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the "Essential Functions".