Text DELIVER to 88300 to apply or check out more jobs at www.workatGEODIS.com!
Find your future at GEODIS. This is not your old-time warehouse job. Work in modern facilities with cutting edge technology, helping us move products for some of the world’s most influential brands.
Look what you’ll get by joining the GEODIS team!
* Get good money - Fair pay and some jobs come with bonus opportunities.
* Get the right job/right schedule - Part-time, full-time, seasonal - days, nights, weekends, and even gig work. We have the job and shift you want.*
* Get paid early - Pay day as early as you want. Access your earnings on demand.
* Get free healthcare - Access to telemedicine from day 1 at no cost. Other benefit options include healthcare, dental, vision at affordable costs after a short waiting period.*
* Get a break - Paid holidays, time off, short-term disability and new parent leave are a few of the ways we support time away from work to take care of your life.*
* Stay safe - We pride ourselves on a safe, clean and healthy work environment for everyone.
* Get a voice - We are always asking our teammates to tell us how to make their experience working at GEODIS even better.
* Get promoted - When you are ready to take the next step in your career, we will be there to support you. We promote about 10% of our warehouse workers each year.
* Get a boost - Our GEODIS Compassion Fund makes one-time grants to teammates who have experienced unexpected catastrophes.
* Get involved - Volunteer in your community or donate to the GEODIS Foundation or GEODIS Compassion Fund.
* Have fun - Work with fun, supportive people just like you!
* Find your place - We value diversity and seek to provide an inclusive culture. Join an Employee Resource Group, participate in an international lunch, or celebrate your heritage to find your place of belonging.
* Find your future - Whether you are interested in the opportunity to work seasonally or looking to launch your career, GEODIS is the place!
*Eligibility varies based on location, job, employee type, or length of service.
What you will be doing:
* Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, and/or distributed
* Pulls and prepares product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded
* Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code
* Assembles customer orders from stock, stage orders and/or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department according to OH or customer pick sheet
* Loads, unloads, moves, stacks and stages products and materials using a fork lift, clamp truck or other power equipment
* High school education or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency
* Minimum 3 to 6 months experience and/or training in a warehouse environment
* Previous experience operating warehouse equipment such as a forklift preferred
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
* Ability to follow safety regulations while operating equipment
* Ability to regularly lift up to 50 pounds
* Ability to learn proper operations of warehouse equipment
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job Duties as documented in this job description are considered "Essential Functions" and have been created by the standards of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990) require that employees be able to perform "Essential Functions" of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the "Essential Functions".
More about GEODIS
GEODIS is a global third-party logistics provider (3PL for short) powering the supply chains of some of the top brands and manufacturers. Our legacy of excellence in supply chain solutions spans decades. Come find your future with us as we shape the future of logistics. Visit www.workatGEODIS.com to learn more.