The Operations Supervisor - Distribution Center is responsible for overseeing and coordinating warehouse activities such as shipping and receiving, maintaining an open dialogue with customers, storing, maintaining inventory levels, ordering, supervising employees and reporting any issues to management.
Job Duties: -
- Coordinates daily activities within the distribution center
- Supervises staff and directs work as they execute activities related to order fulfillment, order management, inventory management, stocking, material handling, equipment usage, and related needs
- Prepares work schedules and reacts quickly and effectively regarding unexpected labor needs
- Manages labor hours and payroll in electronic timekeeping system
- Interviews and trains prospective and new team members
- Supervises business support staff development including appraising performance, rewarding employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Ensures team understands and works toward performance goals
- Recommends process improvements within the warehouse or distribution center
- Reviews records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures, and to determine adequacy of stock levels
- Ensures compliance to all company and customer policies and procedures including safety
- Schedules work for special and periodic inventories
- Traces history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial actions to resolve discrepancies
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and ISO9002 procedures
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of team.
- Prepares reports for leadership
- Assists in maintaining the physical properties of the warehouse
- Submits weekly, monthly and other special services billing to customer services representatives
- Supervises employees in distribution center operation in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Other duties as required and assigned
- For food accounts, incumbent is responsible to report food safety problems to senior management to initiate action
- High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalent
- Minimum 3 to 5 years related warehouse and/or distribution center experience
- 1 year of supervisory experience preferred
- Experience with warehouse equipment
- Experience with warehouse management systems
- Experience with labor management systems
- PC literate with experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manual
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. This position will be regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and can be exposed to extreme heat and extreme cold including climates consistent with outside weather conditions.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job Duties as documented in this job description are considered "Essential Functions" and have been created by the standards of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990) require that employees be able to perform "Essential Functions" of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the "Essential Functions".