Mgr Customization -PACS
This position can be located in: Brentwood, TN, Newville, PA or North Las Vegas, NV.
The Customization Manager - Packaging and Customization Services (PACS) is responsible for the execution of customization, decoration, and personalization services throughout the Americas. This leader will uphold organizational policies and make decisions that drive productivity, quality, efficiency, and continuous improvement to achieve revenue and profit targets. This position will plan, organize, and direct activities of team members. They will ensure team member safety, security, training, and regulations are in place and aligned with GEODIS best practices. In addition, the Customization Manager will support business development to pursue, create solutions, and implement services for new and existing customers.
- Develops Customization strategies by market line/vertical that can be implemented as stand-alone or consolidated with other GEODIS supply chain services
- Provides leadership and direction to campus and corporate level team members responsible for executing Customization services throughout the Americas
- Manages external organizational relationships with customers, vendors and partners focused on great service and growth
- Responsible for meeting financial targets (REV, CM, DSO) for the PACS Americas Region
- Serves as a Customization subject matter expert, shares market knowledge, and influences business needs and commercial results in the areas of:
- Personalization equipment
- Decoration services
- Relevant commercial markets and procurement analytics
- Supplier diversity processes and organizations
- Personalization equipment
- Establishes tools to track and measure operational KPIs for all Customization accounts
- Leads the Customization quality program focused on GEODIS standard practices that also includes customer driven cosmetic requirements
- Partners with key stakeholders to identify, develop, and implement new Customization capabilities that provide unique service offerings to new and existing customers
- Focuses on continuous improvement and growth opportunities through collaboration with campus and PACS leaders, engineering, and supporting workstreams
- Collaborates with PACS leadership and engineering to develop and deliver winning solutions for new and existing customers; Aligns with corporate governance requirements, including, but not limited to, the correct use of quote tools and approval authorities
- Other duties as required and assigned
- Minimum 4 years of experience leading customization or decoration operations; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 years of experience with personalization equipment such as embroidery, etching, engraving, and direct to garment
- Experience with design and digitalization software
- Experience leading packing, light manufacturing, and/or assembly operations preferred but not required
- PC literate with a command of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to review artwork, logos, colors, and layouts to optimize design specifications
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the public
- Ability to properly understand P&L
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee is required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles and can be exposed to extreme heat and extreme cold including climates consistent with outside weather conditions.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job Duties as documented in this job description are considered "Essential Functions" and have been created by the standards of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990) require that employees be able to perform "Essential Functions" of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the "Essential Functions".