;The Maintenance is responsible for the maintenance of company-occupied buildings including: troubleshooting, repairs, and scheduled maintenance based on customer needs and requirements.
Look what you’ll get by joining the GEODIS team!
- Get good money – Fair pay and some jobs come with bonus opportunities.
- Get the right job/right schedule – Part-time, full-time, seasonal – days, nights, weekends, and even gig work. We have the job and shift you want.*
- Get paid early – Pay day as early as you want. Access your earnings on demand.
- Get free healthcare – Access to telemedicine from day 1 at no cost. Other benefit options include healthcare, dental, vision at affordable costs after a short waiting period.*
- Get a break – Paid holidays, time off, short-term disability and new parent leave are a few of the ways we support time away from work to take care of your life.*
- Stay safe – We pride ourselves on a safe, clean and healthy work environment for everyone.
- Get a voice – We are always asking our teammates to tell us how to make their experience working at GEODIS even better.
- Get promoted – When you are ready to take the next step in your career, we will be there to support you. We promote about 10% of our warehouse workers each year.
- Get a boost – Our GEODIS Compassion Fund makes one-time grants to teammates who have experienced unexpected catastrophes.
- Get involved – Volunteer in your community or donate to the GEODIS Foundation or GEODIS Compassion Fund.
- Have fun – Work with fun, supportive people just like you!
- Find your place – We value diversity and seek to provide an inclusive culture. Join an Employee Resource Group, participate in an international lunch, or celebrate your heritage to find your place of belonging.
- Find your future – Whether you are interested in the opportunity to work seasonally or looking to launch your career, GEODIS is the place!
*Eligibility varies based on location, job, employee type, or length of service.
- Analyses and diagnoses customer equipment problems and breakdowns
- Recommends the correct service and repair actions to resolve equipment performance problems
- Makes appropriate equipment repairs or modifications to solve operating and performance problems as dictated by the analysis of the customer’s equipment
- Performs scheduled equipment maintenance per customer contract
- Follows all scheduled maintenance procedures and policies as dictated by the company
- Documents each service call, providing the necessary paperwork
- Observes all safety procedures, makes certain that hazardous waste is properly disposed
- Other duties as required and assigned
*For food accounts, incumbent is responsible to report food safety problems to senior management to initiate action.
- High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency
- Minimum 1 year related experience and/or training
- Experience in electrical, plumbing, building systems, HVAC, and general maintenance
- Experience with power tools, lifts, and hoists
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manual
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
While performing the duties of this job, the employee ;is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. He/she is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. He/she must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.; Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles.; He/she is regularly exposed to ambient lighting and temperate climate conditions.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job Duties as documented in this job description are considered “Essential Functions” and have been created by the standards of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990) require that employees be able to perform “Essential Functions” of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the “Essential Functions”.