Inventory Team Lead
Inventory Team Lead
Text DELIVER to 88300 to apply or check out more jobs at www.workatgeodis.com!
Find your future at GEODIS. This is not your old-time warehouse job. Work in modern facilities with cutting edge technology, helping us move products for some of the world’s most influential brands.
Look what you’ll get by joining the GEODIS team!
* Get good money - Fair pay and some jobs come with bonus opportunities.
* Get the right job/right schedule - Part-time, full-time, seasonal - days, nights, weekends, and even gig work. We have the job and shift you want.*
* Get paid early - Pay day as early as you want. Access your earnings on demand.
* Get free healthcare - Access to telemedicine from day 1 at no cost. Other benefit options include healthcare, dental, vision at affordable costs after a short waiting period.*
* Get a break - Paid holidays, time off, short-term disability and new parent leave are a few of the ways we support time away from work to take care of your life.*
* Stay safe - We pride ourselves on a safe, clean and healthy work environment for everyone.
* Get a voice - We are always asking our teammates to tell us how to make their experience working at GEODIS even better.
* Get promoted - When you are ready to take the next step in your career, we will be there to support you. We promote about 10% of our warehouse workers each year.
* Get a boost - Our GEODIS Compassion Fund makes one-time grants to teammates who have experienced unexpected catastrophes.
* Get involved - Volunteer in your community or donate to the GEODIS Foundation or GEODIS Compassion Fund.
* Have fun - Work with fun, supportive people just like you!
* Find your place - We value diversity and seek to provide an inclusive culture. Join an Employee Resource Group, participate in an international lunch, or celebrate your heritage to find your place of belonging.
* Find your future - Whether you are interested in the opportunity to work seasonally or looking to launch your career, GEODIS is the place!
*Eligibility varies based on location, job, employee type, or length of service.
What you will be doing:
* Assists with the planning of the layout of stockroom, warehouse, and other storage areas, considering turnover, size, weight, and related factors of items stored
* Reviews records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures, and to determine adequacy of stock levels
* Trains, directs and assigns workload to a team of employees for one or more accounts in the warehouse
* Traces the history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial actions to resolve discrepancies
* Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow
* High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency
* Minimum 2 years of experience in warehouse, yard, or stockroom inventory role
* Experience with Warehouse Management Systems preferred
* Experience with forklift operation
* Experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manual
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job Duties as documented in this job description are considered "Essential Functions" and have been created by the standards of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990) require that employees be able to perform "Essential Functions" of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the "Essential Functions".
More about GEODIS
GEODIS is a global third-party logistics provider (3PL for short) powering the supply chains of some of the top brands and manufacturers. Our legacy of excellence in supply chain solutions spans decades. Come find your future with us as we shape the future of logistics. Visit www.workatgeodis.com to learn more.