The Inventory Specialist is responsible for all assigned tasks relating to inventory control.; Documentation of procedural issues and concerns are required.;
Apply today and speak with our virtual assistant at workatgeodis.com or text GEO to 88300 to engage!
- Conducts inventory cycle count and physical inventory programs
- Compiles, verifies and reports daily and/or periodic statistical information aimed at detecting trends to improve and maintain the overall health of inventory
- Researches variances to determine appropriate root cause whether process or behavior and logs the information for operational review
- Counts and reconciles randomly chosen part numbers and/or locations
- Assists in developing solutions to specific problem areas
- Assists in execution of projects as well, makes recommendations for process improvement to the appropriate leaders
- Ensures compliance to inventory processes and procedures as well as compliance to contractual obligations
- For food or lot controlled account the teammate is responsible for reporting food safety problems to senior management to initiate action
- Other duties as required and assigned
- High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency
- Minimum 6 months related experience and/or training
- Experience operating a forklift
- PC literate with experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to research, track issues through the WMS system and make logical conclusions as to the root cause of defects
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Must be able to accurately count and record key data in WMS or other systems
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to stand, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk, stoop, or kneel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles, and is regularly exposed to extreme heat or cold, or temperatures consistent with outdoor weather.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job Duties as documented in this job description are considered “Essential Functions” and have been created by the standards of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990) require that employees be able to perform “Essential Functions” of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the “Essential Functions”.