Customer Sales Representative (Inside Sales)
The Customer Sales Representative is focused on inside sales that include lead generation, cold calling, and customer development to support and grow the overall GEODIS sales operations.
Check out our jobs at workatGEODIS.com or text GEO to 88300 to apply!
ABOUT THE TEAM:
At GEODIS, we don’t just move goods through the supply chain, we are passionate about helping you move your career to the next level. As a company, our emphasis on excellence has made us a global supply chain leader, committed to helping clients overcome their logistical constraints. We could not do this without our people, our GEODIANS, and a culture of transparency, inclusion, trust, and respect.
No matter what position you’re in or where you’re located across our 160+ locations in the United States, you’ll find yourself contributing to the success of some of the biggest brands in the world, all while you #KeepRising in your career.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The points below highlight the Customer Sales Representative duties:
- Utilizes and displays sharp negotiation skills to ensure GEODIS provides the most cost-effective logistics solutions
- Maintains reliable communications with sales team and customer to support and resolve any problems
- Understands and supports the goals, policies, and procedures of GEODIS
- Prospects for customer leads to build a customer sales pipeline
- Manages and grows existing accounts to maximize margin abilities
- Utilizes the sales pipeline system (CRM) for tracking and maintaining all sales functions
- Using business development skills to identify, qualify, obtain, and develop relationships with business prospects
- Understands current market conditions and business trends to opportunities to grow margins
- Other duties as required and assigned
- Previous freight brokerage experience preferred, but not required
- 6 months of customer sales experience preferred, but not required
- 3PL (3rd Party Logistics) experience and familiarity with TMS (Truck Management Systems) systems preferred, but not required
- PC literate with experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Access and Excel
- Ability to work well independently, occasionally with minimal supervision, and as part of a team
- Ability to consistently follow existing processes, develops new processes, and maintains required standards, and work with the team to improve them
- Exceptional customer service focus and skills
- Must have a drive to succeed, confidence and superior verbal communication skills
- Organizational and scheduling skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Willingness to make outbound sales calls
We are committed to developing and retaining the best talent in the business and provide benefits that support the success of our GEODIANS.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance after 30 days of employment
- 401k match
- Employee discounts
- Access to employee perks like fitness class discounts and free access to a relaxation and meditation app
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Free financial wellness programs
- Daycare discount program
- Free telemedical access to doctors and therapists through FirstStop Health
- Opportunities to volunteer and give back to your community
- Access to career development, employee resource groups, and mentorship programs
- + more!
Sound like the right job for you?
- Visit our website at workatGEODIS.com and chat with our virtual recruiter, Sophie, to fast-track your way to an interview.
- Text GEO to 88300 to Apply
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk. The employee is regularly required to use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. The employee is regularly exposed to ambient lighting and temperate climate conditions.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job Duties as documented in this job description are considered "Essential Functions" and have been created by the standards of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990) require that employees be able to perform "Essential Functions" of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the "Essential Functions".