Industrial Engineer III - CI
Industrial Engineer III - CI
The Industrial Engineer III - Continuous Improvement is responsible for finding, developing, and executing projects that will improve our operations or provide a growth path for our clients. Develops and provides mathematical analyses to support Engineering recommendations for improvements. Guides Kaizen events to reduce waste in our operations. Updates facility layouts and helps develop material handling equipment designs, storage media designs, process designs, slotting and pick path analyses. Other general outputs include capacity plans with noted constraints, warehouse utilization studies, and labor models and staffing plans.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
At GEODIS, we don’t just move goods through the supply chain, we are passionate about helping you move your career to the next level. As a company, our emphasis on excellence has made us a global supply chain leader, committed to helping clients overcome their logistical constraints. We could not do this without our people, our GEODIANS, and a culture of transparency, inclusion, trust, and respect.
No matter what position you’re in or where you’re located across our 160+ locations in the United States, you’ll find yourself contributing to the success of some of the biggest brands in the world, all while you Keep Rising in your career.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The points below highlight the Industrial Engineer III - Continuous Improvement duties:
- Analyzes client data to determine order profiles, storage media application, product slotting, velocity, SKU affinities, ABC analysis
- Collaborates with Operations leadership on analysis of periodic reporting and the potential actions to drive improvement
- Participates in scope confirmation sessions with client and/or Operations team; identifies changes to scope when they occur and provides necessary documentation and escalation
- Leads detailed engineering process on building/operational changes to take the design from conceptualization to full detailed design ready for implementation by performing data analyses, developing material handling specifications, working with vendors to obtain quotes, and generating a detailed, engineered AutoCAD layout with fitment into the selected facility
- Prepares engineering documents to describe solution and detailed operating concepts such as storage and shipping capacity, zoning, slotting, waving, etc. and facilitates reviews with key work stream leads including engineering peers, WMS Implementation, and operations
- Participates in the creation and/or update of WMS configuration files with all needed locations slotting/zoning/sequences/put-away and picking profiles for the facility and preparing slotting files and/or slotting tool for the facility
- Manages material handling vendors through schedule, permitting, installation, commissioning, punch lists, etc. and validates all equipment installation and modifications, including necessary testing of automated material handling equipment
- Researches and maintains knowledge of emerging industry practice
- Other duties as required and assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Process, Mechatronics or related engineering degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 4 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD and SQL
- Must be PC literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- 3PL warehousing, distribution center or fulfillment experience preferred
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, technical procedures and governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively communicate process and technical concepts to a variety of audiences from entry level warehouse employee to executive level
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Must be able to travel up to 30%
We are committed to developing and retaining the best talent in the business and provide benefits that support the success of our GEODIANS.
· Health, dental, and vision insurance after 30 days of employment
· 401k match
· Employee discounts
· Access to employee perks like fitness class discounts and free access to a relaxation and meditation app
· Paid maternity and paternity leave
· Free financial wellness programs
· Daycare discount program
· Free telemedical access to doctors and therapists through FirstStop Health
· Hybrid and flexible workplace - our teammates work from home at least a couple days a week.
· Opportunities to volunteer and give back to your community
· Access to career development, employee resource groups, and mentorship programs
· + more!
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.?
 Job Duties as documented in this job description are considered "Essential Functions" and have been created by the standards of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990) require that employees be able to perform "Essential Functions" of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the "Essential Functions".?