Customer Service Representative
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
- Day Shift: Monday - Friday 7:00am - 3:30pm
Text DELIVER to 88300 to apply or check out more jobs at www.workatGEODIS.com!
Find your future at GEODIS. This is not your old-time warehouse job. Work in modern facilities with cutting-edge technology, helping us move products for some of the world’s most influential brands.
Look what you’ll get by joining the GEODIS team!
- Get good money - Fair pay and some jobs come with bonus opportunities.
- Get the right job/right schedule - Part-time, full-time, seasonal - days, nights, weekends, and even gig work. We have the job and shift you want.*
- Get paid early - Payday as early as you want. Access your earnings on demand.
- Get free healthcare - Access to telemedicine from day 1 at no cost. Other benefit options include healthcare, dental, and vision at affordable costs after a short waiting period.*
- Get a break - Paid holidays, time off, short-term disability, and new parent leave are a few of the ways we support time away from work to take care of your life.*
- Stay safe - We pride ourselves on a safe, clean, and healthy work environment for everyone.
- Get a voice - We are always asking our teammates to tell us how to make their experience working at GEODIS even better.
- Get promoted - When you are ready to take the next step in your career, we will be there to support you. We promote about 10% of our warehouse workers each year.
- Get a boost - Our "GEODIS Compassion Fund" makes one-time grants to teammates who have experienced unexpected catastrophes.
- Get involved - Volunteer in your community or donate to the "GEODIS Foundation" or "GEODIS Compassion Fund".
- Have fun - Work with fun, supportive people just like you!
- Find your place - We value diversity and seek to provide an inclusive culture. Join an Employee Resource Group, participate in an international lunch, or celebrate your heritage to find your place of belonging.
- Find your future - Whether you are interested in the opportunity to work seasonally or looking to launch your career, GEODIS is the place!
*Eligibility varies based on location, job, employee type, or length of service.
What you will be doing:
- Interacts with customers by phone, email, or in person and receives orders or changes in service
- Adjusts complaints concerning billing or service rendered, referring complaints of service failures to designated departments for investigation
- Processes and inputs all customer orders and receipts. Runs stock reports to check for product availability
- Generates all related paperwork and necessary information required for customer work orders, checks all orders for special requests, and posts inventory records
- Coordinates special, last-minute shipping requests with the transportation departments, expediting orders as necessary
- Traces orders as required and notifies customers of any activity concerning their merchandise, including shipping and tracking information
- Assures proper invoicing of accounts by verifying computer-generated invoices
- Maintains a good working relationship with customers by responding to all inquiries and complaints concerning receipts, invoices, shipments, inventory counts, etc., in a courteous and efficient manner
- Reports customer feedback to management, including any signs of customer dissatisfaction
- Acts as liaison between the warehouse and the customer in administration of accounts and between the office and customer regarding invoicing and credit changes
- Performs clerical work as required including answering phone calls, operating various office machines and computers, corresponding with customers, and greeting customers and visitors in the office
- Maintains current and accurate procedure book which details the processing requirements for each account; prepares any report concerning customer service activities and performs other customer service and company-related duties as necessary
- Other duties as required and assigned
- High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency
- Minimum 6 months related experience and/or training Experience with AS400 operating systems and warehouse management systems pre-PC literate with experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and co-workers
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job Duties as documented in this job description are considered "Essential Functions" and have been created by the standards of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990) require that employees be able to perform "Essential Functions" of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the "Essential Functions".
More about GEODIS
GEODIS is a global third-party logistics provider (3PL for short) powering the supply chains of some of the top brands and manufacturers. Our legacy of excellence in supply chain solutions spans decades. Come find your future with us as we shape the future of logistics. Visit www.workatGEODIS.com to learn more.