The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support for various personnel including Management and/or Department.
- Provides administrative support by screening incoming calls and providing requested information to clients, maintaining manager’s calendar, composing and proofreading routine correspondence, preparing reports as assigned and processing expense reports for each location
- Prepares all incoming invoices from each location for payment by reviewing, coding, submitting to Vice President and/or General Manager for approval, and sending to Corporate
- Maintains filing of all invoices generated and other general correspondence
- Maintains all office equipment by ordering supplies and placing service calls
- Plans and organizes all Management on-and off-site meetings by preparing all materials, PowerPoint presentations, choosing meeting locations, making hotel and travel arrangements, luncheon and dinner menus and receptions
- Plans any parties for assigned location(s) consisting of coordinating menus with local caterers, set-up and clean-up before and after party
- Maintains employee kitchen area by stocking supplies such as paper/plastic products, cleaning supplies and small food items
- Coordinates community involvement initiatives, safety week functions, and employee appreciation days
- For food accounts, incumbent is responsible to report food safety problems to senior management to initiate action.
- Other duties as required and assigned
- High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency
- Minimum 1 to 3 years related experience and/or training
- PC proficiency to include Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Accounts Payable experience
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and organizational skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. He/she is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. He/she must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. The employee is regularly exposed to ambient lighting and temperate climate conditions.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job Duties as documented in this job description are considered "Essential Functions" and have been created by the standards of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990) require that employees be able to perform "Essential Functions" of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the "Essential Functions".